Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Time with Friends.

Our friend Cori and her daughter Maya flew down from Alaska for a visit so we packed up our truck for a long weekend in the Dallas area. We stayed a couple nights with Dave & Becca and had a great time catching up and watching our little children play together. There is something quite special about a friend to whom you can say "remember when we were teenagers...." while you watch your kiddos play together on the floor. I had a great time just watching Hudson with Maya & Micah. He LOVED them both and would get so excited when they were around. Micah warmed to Hudson fairly quickly and they would play a game where Micah would sit on his walk n' ride toy while Hudson stood behind and pushed him down the hallway. I was so proud of all three kiddos for how well they played together. I have more pictures to put up but for some reason it kept dropping the last two here so I'll do another post tomorrow adding the others.

 

Dinner with Cori & Maya. Cori and I were pregnant together when we lived in Alaska - it was so wonderful to share the pregnant ups and downs with her!

 

Rebecca and Micah go every morning to see the "horsies" just down the street from where they're living. Hudson sure enjoyed them also!

 

Our three little hoodlums. Hudson (9 months) Maya (7 months) and Micah (18 months).
Here's a little bio on their personalities. Hudson liked to pull Maya's hair (I think it was his way of flirting and crawl around chasing Micah. Maya sat perfectly content the entire weekend like a little lady wondering why these boys were so crazy. Micah is the happiest little boy you'll meet and loved sharing his toys with the younger kids.

 

Like I said, he was fascinated with her head. He was continually pulling her hair, poking her ear and kissing her face (so sweet). He knows a great girl when he sees one.


I'll post more tomorrow like I said. I'm sorry this is so late in coming. I was just thinking about how crazy busy last week was but now I can't think of a single thing we did! Isn't that what motherhood is all about? Knowing you haven't a spare second but not knowing why. Gotta love it

No comments: