Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Day in the Life of Hudson

First we wake up and have to walk around the house behind his favorite toy. We spend much of our day touring the house. He has so much fun pushing it around that we had to improvise so that we could simply "guide" him around corners. I hate to admit it, but in order to save my back from hours of bending over, we clipped the dog leash to the front of the toy and are now able to give it a little pull at the right time to keep him walking for as long as his little heart desires - and that is a loooong time. He has fun but gets this look and I just imagine him saying, "I'd love to stay and chat Mom, but I have some important work to do. I've got to walk around the house for a long long time."
 


After breakfast and an outfit change, we're off to the park where we watch the ducks, try to eat some leaves, take a nice long swing on the swing set, then roll around on the blanket. I keep waiting for him to talk back to the ducks like the does to the cat.
 


A couple naps later, & after the loss of his shirt due to lunch, Daddy comes home from work and a great play time ensues. At the present, his favorite game is "try to eat Daddy's nose". It's one we hope he grows out of, but love in the meantime.
 


Then it's off to bed around 8pm after a nice warm bath to degrime the layers of food. This he fights as though his very life depended on it. We've finally eased the pain of falling asleep just a bit by putting his stuffed bear in bed with him. He loves to feel it against his head and sleeps pressed up against it at night. Ahh, finally something to help the little guy relax. Each time I put him to bed I have the song "I'm a Survivor" running though my head due to his strong desire to not go to sleep. In fact, he falls asleep in stages, all the while fussing and groaning like an old car trying to start. The last thing to give in to sleep are his hands. He has to fall asleep fiddling with something. If you couldn't see his hands you'd thing he was asleep, but look down and you'll see him pinching, and turning over either his extra pacifier or running his fingers through the bears "fur". I know when the hands stop he is really out. Last night I guess he needed a little more snuggling than normal however. When I went in to check on him I found him sprawled out on top of the bear, giving it a great big hug. In a Mother's biased opinion, it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do (hence the great risk of waking him up with taking a picture).
 
Posted by Picasa


It's an active life, a good life, and a life that I am not in a hurry to out grow.

No comments: