I just have to tell someone or I'll end up standing on the roof top shouting my joyous news to the poor unsuspecting neighbors. I slept in my own bed, without getting up for an entire 8 hours last night. Many of you would say, big deal, but ohh, it is. Hudson is not much of a sleeper and for the last 8 months I've been getting up at least twice a night. His schedule has been up at 2 and again at 5. I never intended to be in such a position, but with being on the move since he was 3 months old, we fell into a "keep the baby quite so he doesn't wake the house" survival mode. At the slightest squeak, I'd be up and nursing him right back to sleep.
This week, after a particularly bad night of being up from 2-4 then again at 5:30 and 7:30, I decided it was time for some serious baby boot camp as a matter of maternal sanity. So what did I do? Something I thought I'd never do, I let him "cry it out". Thankfully, being the good child that he is, he didn't really cry for more than a few minutes, and even then it was more fussing than crying. He sleeps so much better now, and is so much happier. Last night he again woke up at 2 and 5, only this time instead of crying he played happily for about 10 minutes before falling back asleep. Part of me now wonders if that's what he had been wanting all along.
So we are both free now, free to sleep through the night! Even now I am excited just thinking about it. If I had even the slightest degree of rhythm I'd be dancing.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are right in the middle of adjusting some sleep habits too so I know just how you feel! We aren't doing "cry it out" as Amelia would definitly CRY, not fuss, but we are making some good changes that are working--yay!!! Makes you want to dance for sure:) Love ya and happy sleeping, Jen
WOW...CONGRATS! Maybe baby #2 sounds more appealing now. HA! We are sooooo happy for you!
Kristi! I'm so excited for you! I hope the sweet dreams have continued...
Oh Kristi, I very much understand the complete excitement of sleeping. We're not quite old enough for "crying it out" with Adrian... BUT last night my mom came to stay and help me out- Oh happy day!! And I slept from 11pm to 5:30am- I felt like a new woman! I cannot wait until the nights when he doesn't have to eat every 3 hours! Congratulations to you-- very much deserved! JOC
Post a Comment