
Never underestimate the reach of a toddler. Today I did. This morning, while cleaning up our usual breakfast mess in the kitchen, I let my mind wander becoming blissfully absorbed in the music playing on my ipod. Then at some point I realized it was quiet, too quiet. Every parent knows that feeling when they instantly become aware of the lack of noise in their home and think, "my child doing something they shouldn't". I joined the rank of those parents today when I turned the corner, looked under the dining room table and saw my precious "little monkey" (as I like to call him) spoon in hand trying to dig applesauce out of it's container. In those situations you can't do anything but laugh because it is just about the cutest thing you've ever seen, and as a parent when they aren't really doing any damage and you can see they are having a grand old time, you stop and enjoy the moment of childhood. He was so content to sit there digging into the cup, as lately he is determined to feed himself with his own spoon and fork. I let him keep the spoon, but quickly started the process of finding and cleaning the 15 spots on the carpet as well as the huge glob on the shutters across the room - how he got it there I'll never know!

And in other news, I just had to take this picture and no, it is not poo. I have done what I've said I would not do. I've allowed my child to fall in love with sweets, and in this case, homemade cookies. It's really Dan's fault and he asks me for cookies regularly and I of course have to oblige :). Last night Hudson saw the cookies on the counter and literally went nuts, pulling out every sound and facial expression he knew to get a hold of a bite or ten. He had just gotten out of the bath, and was thus naked. We learned something about him. Without a diaper on, he is fascinated with touching his little cheeks. He hasn't learned that it's a dead give away when you scratch with melted chocolate on your fingers.
I hope it brings a smile to you face as well.
1 comment:
That is so awesome! I also always said I wouldn't let Mia become a sweet-freak, but it is kind of difficult to uphold when Mommy dearest is a choco-holic! Fun times!
Post a Comment