Monday, January 14, 2008

Bon Voyage

 

We went on a Caribbean cruise this last week to help my Mom celebrate her 50th birthday. We had a wonderful time and my fears of sailing were relieved as the ship did not sink and I did not get sea sick (a miracle for those of you who know how easily I get motion sickness). That said, I thought I'd give a little picture show of our first cruise. Hudson had such a great time entertaining the other passengers and crew. He made lots of friends and made Dan and I feel like celebrities. Each time we stepped out of our little room and walked around the boat someone called Hudson's name and we were stopped while either another passenger or crew member held/played with him. Many of the crew had children of their own at home who they hadn't seen in months and they especially children. One woman from Dominican Republic, our waitress who Hudson really liked, actually took him around to show him to all her tables and other customers. She held him, and held his had as she led him from table to table just letting him make faces at others. It sure is a good thing that he isn't afraid of strangers. I was so nervous at first when people would come up to us and being talking to Hudson, but it has been so commonplace that I don't even bat an eye. Enough of that rabbit trail...

Our Hudsy loves, and I mean loves sand. While at each port's beach, most of my time was spent building sand "castles" for him to knock down. We also had our fare share of eating sand and tasting sea shells. I guess he got his fare share of fiber that day.
 


In Jamaica we took a taxi to the beach and got quite a taste of the local flavor. It's no joke that Jamaicans say "no problem" and "ya man" for just about everything. I really believe I could have asked him the time and he'd have told me something like this: "no problem man, it's 2pm, ya man, 2pm, beautiful day out here man, ya, ya, it's no problem man, no problem." By the end of the day it was hard for me not to say "ya man" and "no problem" when someone would talk to me. It's quite catchy when you hear it a lot!
 


And there nothing quite like a nice nap at the beach with the sound of the crashing waves. I guess it can be just irresistible for some...
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun in the sun. That sounds really good right about now! Love that last picture--you must frame it. Jen

photobugthatsme said...

Great pics Kristi... looks like you guys had a WONDERFUL TIME! :-)

photobugthatsme said...

oops, I forgot to sign my name... Dee Hoelscher

Anonymous said...

That does look fun indeed. What cruiseline did yall take? See ya neighbor, anna