We are back up and running. It's been a crazy but wonderful month, one of which I'll fill in the details of later. Here are some of our Merry 1st Christmas picutres. There is so much to say as of late, too much to write now, but I'll at least list some of my favorite moments from the past few weeks (below the pictures).
1.) Waking up to Hudson in my bedroom. Dan let me sleep in this past weekend, getting up with our early riser. While he was busy in the kitchen, Hudson actually reached up, pulled down the lever and opened the bedroom door to come get me. He did it again later that evening to get into the bathroom. Never in our wildest dreams did we think we'd have to lock the doors to keep our little 11 month old out! He truly watches everything we do, them mimics it! Exciting & scary all at once!
2.) Stocking stuffer - Catching him delving into Dan's stocking with a mouth and two handfulls of beef jerky & the candy Hot Tamales. He has been sick with a cold since Christmas and was extra cranky that day. I noticed he got quiet then found him eating the jerky & candy with red sugar smeared all over his face. For the first time all day he was extreemly content. The kid won't eat turkey, but will down beef jerky? After I had a good long laugh, I took the candy away and let him gnaw on the jerky for the rest of the afternoon. That evening when Dan got home the first thing he said was, "Why does Hudson smell like beef jerky?" We laughed all over again.
3.) Chase me Daddy - His favorite game recently has become "chase". We get down on all fours and say "I'm gonna get ya" then he takes off with a squeal of delight, arms flailing. My mom commented that he should have been Jack Sparrow for halloween since he walks and runs like him - a bit off balance. He is determined though, as I have not seen him crawl in over 3 weeks.
4.) Christmas morning - he had the time of his life. Since his favorite toys are all balls, we thought for Christmas we would get him an entire pit, or crab, full of them. His eyes widened, and mouth dropped when we got to my parents later that morning & he saw the balls. The rest of the morning was spent in and around them. He even had to open the rest of his presents while sitting in the balls. His second favorite toy was a rocking horse that sings a little song which Dan and I can now recite in our sleep. He sits on it, bouncing up and down while it sings "I'm a little pony, clippity clop, clippity clop such a pretty pony....." Ah, yes, still in my head. But he loves it and it's worth it for this toy at least.
5.) Candy canes - lets just say he can focus on nothing else as long as there is one on the tree within his reach. He learned that if you bite really hard you can taste sugar, and had determined to each each one - only until the rouned top breaks. Then it is no longer worth eating and a new one must be found. He can go through 4 or 5 in a 10 minute period.
6.) Hearing him say "ma ma ma" and "da da da". He knows each of our names, and started calling us out of the blue one day. It was as though he'd known for a while and decided that last Thursday was going to be the day he actually started talking. I can't tell you the joy and sheer excitement that wells within my heart each time I hear him say "ma ma ma" and come looking for me with his arms open wide ready to be held. That makes everything else worth while.
7.) Mealtime - baby food is all but a thing of the past as he wants nothing more than to eat whatever we are having. It doesn't matter what it is as long as we eat it as well. So for breakfast he may have toast, fruit, cheese, yogurt, etc. For lunch possibly a grilled cheese sandwich or Annie's mac & cheese & veggies, and dinner maybe some spaghetti or roasted chicken and potatoes.
No more baby here, he drinks out of a sippy cup, eats cut up "big people" food, walks, talks & now opens doors. "When did this all happen" I continually think. He is a little boy now who likes balls, hammers, running, climing everything and yelling. I loved the little baby, but I can't imagine him being any different.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment