Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Break



I know, I know, it's not like I've been good at posting our little events and happenings lately. Alas, I've fallen into researching Dan and I's family ancestry online and have traced my family back to the middle ages so far. It's been so much fun that I can't seem to use my coveted "computer time" for anything else, such as blogging. Dan's parents are arriving in town tomorrow for an extended Thanksgiving visit so it may be a little while before I post pictures and stories of our time together.

But in the here and now, I sit, the baby sleeping peacefully in his bed wearing his new big boy, two piece pjs. He truly is a big boy now and at 9 1/2 months is able to walk from object to object within a room and just Sunday stood up without having to pull himself up on something. He often gets this crazy, "I'm hyper" look in his little eyes and will pick up balls only to throw them over and over while chasing after them. Just this week he also began showing his preferences quite definitively. He is a true outdoorsman like his father and is so content just to be outside sitting in his stroller while we water the plants. In fact, he enjoys it so much that if he sees a front or back door close he'll throw his head down and give the most heartbroken cry. I truly believe it breaks his little heart to miss an opportunity to be outside!
Lest you see only one side of him, he is also a little lover with a tender heart. Each day, the first time he sees a family member, he must immediately give them a hug. We all of course love this, all that is except for the dog. Each morning he chases her down and gives her a big ole kiss too, much to her dismay.

So, a little about the video. We took this last weekend while sitting on the back porch enjoying some freshly made banana muffins while the power company cleared the fence in the back yard. Dan was so proud when Hudson took his own pinch of muffin and lifted it to Dan's mouth to share. I quickly pulled the camera out in a vain attempt to catch it again but it was not to be. So, enjoy a little of our little guy eating breakfast on a sunny Saturday morning with his Daddy.

No comments: