"When did he grow up?" I have this thought just about every day now as I watch him act more and more like a little man. No longer does he sit staring at the colorful little objects hanging from the mobile above him, or happily eat food from a baby jar. Nope, now he spends his days trying to get in as much activity as possible. A few days ago we were at my parents house and while playing outside he found this huge walking stick of Daniel's. I never dreamed he'd use it as such, but for the next while he spent his time carrying around the stick as he explored their back yard.
I'd often heard while in college the "nature vs. nurture" theory, and even studied it, but there is no question in my mind that it is nature all the way! No one had to teach this little boy how to like sticks, balls, yelling, and just being crazy active. He was just born that way. So here is a picture of my very own little Davy Crocket.
I see this picture and just think about how much our children watch us and everything we do. It is quite sobering realizing they often want to be just like us.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh my, I love these pictures! Sam wants to know how come Hudson gets to go outside with no shoes on while he has to put on layer after layer just to sit on the front porch! Ah well, I guess this too shall pass:) Love ya, jen
Post a Comment