Friday, September 28, 2007

Birthday

 


We celebrated Hudson's 8 month birthday this week. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. Part of me is excited for each new milestone while part of me is sad, realizing he is less and less of a baby each day. As I sat watching him play with his toys, happily chewing and banging each, I wondered, if given the choice I would keep him as my little baby. It's a good thing God doesn't give that choice though, because half an hour later my head hurt. It was a fierce debate between wanting to hold him and cuddle him just as he is; and my desire to see him run, play, and tell funny stories at the dinner table. Ah, there is just nothing that can prepare you for the love and fun a child brings into your life.

 


I took this picture just a few hours ago as I was getting him ready to go for a walk outdoors with his Grandpa. I was laughing so hard at him sitting there with his beenie turned up at the ears. I had to take a couple pictures before I got a keeper because I was shaking so hard I couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a good shot. Never one to miss a good laugh, Hudson joined in thinking whatever I was laughing at must be pretty funny.

 


Bath - his favorite time of day! I truly believe he could sit in his little tub, splashing happily without a care in the world for hours if I'd let him. After dinner we go upstairs for the evening bath. As soon as I get his diaper off he starts kicking his legs in excitement, laughing and just about dives into the bath.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny said...

His smile is just too cute...i love him to death and I haven't even met him yet! A while back you had a picture of him swinging inside and it brought back insta memories of the swing you had in your house when we were little....can't believe it is our turn to make those memories for children now. love you friend, jen

the schilps said...

oh my gosh, kristi, his eyes just draw you in. they make you want to just eat him up. it is so fun watching you enjoy your bundle; they are a joy.
loves
abbe