Saturday, September 22, 2007

On the move

 


Oh boy do we have a little bundle of activity on our hands! The other night we were joking that we need to buy a baby helmet and mouth guard (he has two little teethies) for Hudson as he is quite determined to climb just about everything in sight. I have no idea where he gets it from [Dan]. Oops, speaking of, I'll be right back, I have to pull my son off of the coffee table he is trying to climb up onto...

He is focused solely on two things - walking and climbing. He is however, decently curious also and just yesterday found out how to open the cabinet doors in the kitchen. He cannot leave a bowl upright or a cabinet closed. He pulls to a stand, reaches up to the knob, wobbily pulls it open, then peers around the door to see what treasures await him inside. Another milestone from this week is that he learned to climb the stairs - and can climb both flights! I'm not sure he realizes he is a little baby though as he would rather walk up the stairs, lifting each foot at the proper time step by step, being steadied only by Dan or me. "Who taught him this" I keep thinking to myself as I have to pull him off of chairs, stairs, coffee tables, you name it. I also keep thanking God for being healthy and young to be able to keep up with him. To give you an idea of how active he is, in the morning (or middle of the night) when he begins to wake up, before his eyes are even open he instinctively rolls over to his tummy, pushes up onto all fours then begins walking his hands up the crib wall until he is standing. Only then do his eyes open to see a sleepy Mom coming in get him - and he is nothing but one big grin, with a nose wrinkle in there for good measure. Even early in the morning Dan and I race to get him. All I can think of is "little stinker" then silently laugh at this bundle of personality. If someone would have told me I'd spend most of my day holding the hands of my 7 month old as he walks around the house inspecting every piece of furniture, for hours on end, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have believed them. But I wouldn't trade my little fireball for anything in the world. He is the happiest kid in the world. I say "world" because I can't see how one could be happier. From sun up to sun down he is nothing but smiles, nose wrinkles and the occasional joyful yell.

I just love him. Who knew you could love something so little so much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: