Saturday, September 15, 2007

Food for thought

I used to listen to mothers talk about how messy their child got during a meal and think, "Oh, they just need to be more careful with how the go about it." Well I have now determined those mothers must have had boys, and I am no better than they when it comes to feeding. This morning for instance, a typical morning, I had a nice little bite of cereal ready and on it's way to Hudson's mouth when suddenly out of nowhere a little hand came flying up, knocked the contents of the spoon onto his tray and before I could respond the same little hand spread the cereal all over the tray. Not to be content with this he had to wipe his face with the same hand immediately after. All I could do was laugh and try again to get the food from point A to point B. Ah, and to think bath time is not for another 10 hours. I decided to give him a teething biscuit, a nice and solid food item, taking a break from the game of dodgeball, thinking that would be safe for a few moments. It was safe, for a few moments, then once it was nice and soggy he began a game of throwing it across the table onto the nicely waxed wood floor. He recently discovered how to throw toys and today decided to expand that to food also. We repeated this for a while, all the while I am quite thankful my inlaws are still sleeping soundly upstairs unable to witness the mess their precious grandson is creating downstairs.

It is only 8 am and I left to wonder what other adventures are in store for us today.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Excellent!! I cannot wait to start feeding Maya solids...she wants it so badly. It's so much fun watching her stare in wonder as we eat. We're nearing six months, so we're geared up to begin. Her little chair is out and we put her little flower bib on (my favorite) to get her all amped up. She is sitting up for long periods now and she thinks she is hot stuff!! We'll tackle the solids in a couple of weeks when Mark's parents get here so they can enjoy the milestone. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw I miss him so much! He's growing up so fast! I love checking your website for new pictures. My mom and I always race to see who gets to see them first:) I'm hoping to come see you guys (wherever you may be) over my spring break in March.

Jenny said...

I understand!!I used to be one of those moms that said , "My babies will never have bald spots on the back of their heads from being on their back so much!! Pick up your children people! " Then yesterday Amelia was having some tummy time (which she hates) and I said "What the ?!?!?" Yep, a bald spot. Mothering, it's humbling isn't it? Love you and can't wait to meet your messy little eater! Jen

the schilps said...

oh, he is wonderful! i cannot wait for all these boys, whose parents have experienced life together in their earlier days, to meet each other. what a fun reunion.
abbe