Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Jesus,

help me to Jesus, help me to love you, help me to love you, and throw rocks in river. Amen.

Each night we pray over Hudson as we tuck him in, and tonight I asked him if he wanted to pray. I started with him repeating after me, thanking God for family, our day, etc...when he gently said "no, Mom" and began praying on his own. My heart swelled with joy as I sat listening to this precious little voice in his first "solo" conversation with his Lord.

Last week I was upstairs getting ready for the day when I heard his bouncing footsteps coming up the stairs and a small voice saying, "thank ewe, thank ewe" almost with each step. Curious, I asked him who he was talking to. "I tell Jesus thank ewe for helping me up the stairs". Sometimes I wonder if the little children see things we cannot.

Ahh, there is nothing that warms my heart as much as to see this little 2 year old boy grow in the Lord. No wonder we are told to have faith like a child.

2 comments:

Jana said...

precious!

Jenny said...

Made me teary...sooooo precious! I definitely think they see things we cannot/ or do not. Love you friend--we need to catch up soon!