Monday, July 21, 2008

Proudest Moment



You have to know something about Dan and I. If we were to prioritize our lives it might look something like this. We love God, we love people, and we love mexican food -in that order. So I have to say I was embarrassingly proud when today Hudson cried, not fussed, but cried for more tamales at snack time. For Dan's birthday the only thing he asked for was fresh tamales, and in Canmore if you want tamales you have to make them yourself. So trembling, I took on the two day task and joined the club of tamale makers. It was hard, but worth it as we are able to pull a few out of the freezer now and again whenever we can't resist the urge for some mexican flavor. We tried the one "good" mexican food restraunt here only to be gravely disappointed by the store bought tortillas, and taco seasoning flavored refried beans -not a good thing. For now taco bell and home made are as good as it gets, so I am quickly becoming a mexican senorita in the kitchen. We eat salsa daily, so like I said, it is a wonderful, exciting thing to watch our little boy dig into his personal bowl of salsa, then ask for seconds! I can feel the pride welling up even now....

3 comments:

Rebecca Zappasodi said...

What a great wife to brave making tomales... I wouldn't even know where to begin. Hudson is such a cutie. I wish he and Micah could play and get into mischief together...maybe one day! Maybe it's better this way- it'll keep our hospital bills down. Love you!

Charlie and Kari said...

Hello Kristi! Thanks for the message and how good to hear from you! I saw your mom and dad in April before we moved (at Woods Edge in the Woodlands). She told me you were in Canada so I was glad to run across your blog as well! Charlie and I watched some of your videos of cute Hudson and had a good laugh! Those times are coming for us :) I love parenting tips if you want to pass any along!
Kari

Mark said...

I'm telling you, Maya and Hudson are made for each other!! The girl cannot get enough chips and salsa!! She likes it hot too. :) In the beginning when I made salsa I'd make hot and mild batches, but she likes the hot stuff...that's my girl. It must have been all that Mexican we fed them in the womb :)