Thursday, July 31, 2008
Games we play
I just don't know where he is? Can you find him?
We've been playing a lot of hide and seek this past week and I can't help but giggle when I see the hiding spot he has picked. It brought back so many memories of when I used to play with my brothers. I remember Daniel, when he was about two or three hiding behind the couch, partially. He thought that as long as he couldn't see us, we couldn't see him. We'd just laugh as we'd walk around saying "where's Daniel" all the while seeing his little diapered bottom sticking out. Now it is time for me to play the same game with my little boy, who also hides only his upper body, but has such a wonderful time in the process. I walk around the room calling his name, searching diligently everywhere but under the blanket, until he can't take it any longer and peeks his head out smiling. The look of pure pleasure is evident on his face as I act surprised to see him so close, we giggle together, then start the game all over again - with the same hiding spot each time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Mia loves this game too... after about the 50th time of finding her under the blanket I asked, sweety, could you please please go hide somewhere else besides under the blankie? How about in the closet or in the bathroom or in the bathtub or under the table???? Please? Mommy just doesn't want to find you under the blankie any more! But, no, she said, that was her hiding spot, and I must count to 3, as she ducked back under the covers. : ) Happy hunting...
Post a Comment