Thursday, July 17, 2008

Milestones

I am so giddy and exhausted I can hardly type! Hudson, unprompted went to the bathroom in his little potty! I was letting him run around diaper-less to dry off for a bit after a bath, when I heard him calling "ma ma ma". I turned to see him walking up to me holding his little green potty, with pee pee in it! Even now I want to jump up and down yelling "hooray!". I bought it about a month or two ago and have been causally putting him on it once a day or so. He loves marshmallows and will do anything for one so I offer him one to sit and to pee pee on the potty. Sweet tooth that he has, he has always run to the potty, sat down and peed for the treat, so I've been using it to get him used to the concept. So this morning when he went on his own I threw a party of monumental proportions for him. I danced, clapped, jumped up and down with him in my arms, praised him over and over, danced some more, laughed and laughed, then ran around the house with him celebrating! It was one of the most exhausting five minutes of my life, but well worth it to see the look of pride of his little face. He knew he'd accomplished a great feat and was excited as well. So excited that he went three more times in the next ten minutes, so we danced some more, and ate three more marshmallows! What great fun it is to experience milestones with your child - it has truly made my day as I sit here beaming with pride in my little boy!

1 comment:

The Klentzmans said...

OMG that is awesome! Mia is just now wearing big girl panties on a regular basis, so you are cutting off like a year of diapers if he sticks with it. Congratulations Hudson, and congratulations you guys!