Monday, July 7, 2008

Freedom & Beyond



I just wanted to take a quick moment to share with our family and friends that our precious little 17 month old took the plunge, with wildly excited eyes, and climbed out of his crib just 20 minutes ago. I watched the event and was there to catch the little escape artist as he began his free fall. I wish you could have seen the look on his face as he realized he could swing his leg over the side, push up with his arms and shift his weight over the edge to the coveted "outside". It was a look of fear, excitement, adrenalin, and pure joy. Oh what to do now with my monkey of a son! We have just entered the entirely new and scary world of "how to put a toddler to bed and keep them there". Any creative ideas would be greatly appreciated by this momma.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh good luck! I haven't reached this battle yet, but can only imagine! I know it's just a TV show.. but on Super Nanny, they just take the child without talking or addressing them and put them back in the bed over and over and over night after night after night and eventually... they get the picture. Oh good luck Kristi. With each fun, new thing also comes a fun, new challenge!

Anonymous said...

I still have to get my almost nine year old back in bed sometimes so start getting use to the battle ; )
love ya, anna

John and Melissa said...

Long story, Joyce told me about Joel and Jenny's blog and then I found your from hers!!!! I absolutely love it!!! You are so creative!!!!! Hope you don't mind me enjoying it!!!
Melissa A Lively