
Oh boy am I way behind on this blog! I really have no excuse, only to say that I've had a sick baby for the last two weeks and as it turns out, my sick baby is a momma's boy when he doesn't feel well. My arms are sure getting a great work out, for every waking moment he wants to be held, and not just by anyone, by me. It's great to be wanted and loved, but at night I lay in bed laughing because my arms are sooo sore and fatigued. I can't imagine what life was like before the invention of modern medicine. I was so worried as Hudson's fever stayed at the 102 range, even with Motrin. So I did what any worried mother would do and called the doctor asking if they could work us in TODAY. I wonder how often pediatricians get calls like this, as they were so nice and within 30 minutes we were out the door and on our way to get antibiotics. So fast forward a week and a half and I'm just getting back to a normal routine and a less dependent baby. Ahh, that's much better.
I also learned something about my son that should not surprise me. I learned the he will eat anything that can be digested. We had two medications to give him and one of them tasted horrible. Nonetheless, he took it no problem as long as I let him hold the dropper. The kid even readily opens his mouth each morning for his bitter vitamins, that honestly, I wouldn't even take! Sometimes I wonder if he is a bottomless pit. At mealtimes I pretty much just get tired of feeding him or he just gets tired of sitting in his highchair long before he is full. Tonight for instance he ate 3 tubs of baby food, 1 container of infant yogurt, some pumpkin bread and a few cheerios. We had a good laugh as Dan told him he doesn't have to readily open his mouth for more food if he is full. Although he can ingest Cheerios as though his life depended on it. Every morning he looses himself in sheer excitement when I pull the box out of the pantry, shake it and say "cheerios, cheerios". He waves his arms in the air, shakes with excitement, and sticks his two bottom teethies out in a huge grin.
These are the moments that make the fatigues arms and long nights worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment