Saturday, March 14, 2009

Treasured Moments


She's one week old today. What a beautiful, amazing, treasured week. I don't know how else to describe the last seven days. I sit watching my two children and can't imagine being happier or more content than I am right now. I've often heard of the baby blues, but is there such a thing as baby bliss? We each are enamored with Abigail in our own special way. I love to sit, studying her every feature trying to capture each smile permanently in my memory. Dan loves to have her snuggled up on his chest, to which she gladly obliges as she is quite the snuggle bug and the perfect candidate for baby wearing. Hudson loves to "hold it" and has found his place in being her helper. He helps her by getting the diapers and wipes for me when it is time to change her, he sings "tinkle tar" to her when she cries and snuggles her in his bed at night after stories and loves to kiss her forehead. He has welcomed her into our home without a second thought or twinge of jealousy. We all love her and her gentle, quite spirit.

2 comments:

Court said...

Oh Kristi ~ she's just beautiful! And I love that Hudson has taken so well to the new job as big brother :)

the schilps said...

congrats, kristi! what sweet moments for your family. so glad that you are enjoying every minute and taking it all in. so happy for your family.
love to all four of you.
abbe