Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nearing 39 Weeks

For those of you who are curious...



So here's a bit of an update on me. I don't typically do this as I like to remain behind the scenes, but thought I'd be fun just this once. The time is drawing near, with each day yielding greater excitement and anticipation. The braxton hicks contractions have been fairly regular for the last few days, we've put together the papasan swing, the cradle, washed all the clothes, charged the cameras and are taking care of the last minute preparations. Not that you can be prepared for everything though. At one of my last visits I was told my doctor will leave for vacation just before my due date, March 17th, and would not be back until April 1st. Ok, try not to panic, it's not as though they should have told you months ago and the only reason you drove to Banff each time was for this specific doctor. I have since decided that I will deliver before she leaves, or by the 13th, so anyone so inclined to pray with me for that is certainly welcome. Personally, I'm praying for the 10th, for no other reason than I like that date. Surprise number 2 came last week when I found out the hospital I am to deliver at will no longer deliver babies as of Friday, March 6th. That leaves me with possibly an unknown doctor and new hospital. If I do happen to go into labor before my doctor leaves, she will drive to the new hospital thankfully. So with that being said, I've not been stressed, but slightly nervous for sure. I did take a tour of the new hospital yesterday and was surprised to find I like it better and it is much closer to our home, so that turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Dan has been such a big help the last couple weeks, I can't imagine getting everything done without him. He has so lovingly worked to complete his "honey-do" list which includes everything from cutting down & refinishing a bookshelf to hanging curtains. I've had a decent amount of lower back pain and nerve pain with this little one making some of my tasks impossible at times. But once again he has been there for me. There have been times when I haven't been able to put my socks and shoes on or bend over to pick something up off the floor. But often, before I can even sigh, he is there to help. We've had some good laughs over the socks & shoes to be sure. It draws us closer, and has been good for me to have to give up some things and depend on both God and Dan. What a wonderful husband I have. Hudson has grown so attached to him as well. They are just about inseparable. Just as an example, two days ago we were woken up by the usual "knock knock...Momma, Daddy!" at the early hour of 6:20 am. Wanting to let Dan sleep, I went to get Hudson and go downstairs. No sooner had I begun to open his door, then he slammed it shut in my face, essentially locking himself in, saying, "no Momma, Daddy!". His precious Daddy is the only one allowed to greet him in the morning. I am so thankful to see him look up to Dan as he does, and even more thankful seeing as they are about to be buddies out of necessity, not only enjoyment.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the belly pic! You look AMAZING! Seriously, I am amazed. I am so proud of you for taking the possible changes in stride. Praying for a fast delivery like it was with Hudson, but I know you will do great no matter what. Wish I could be there and hold your hand:) Love you friend, Jen

Rebecca Zappasodi said...

Oh girl you look awesome! You are all belly again. Oh I can't wait to see this sweet little girl!

Jami said...

I love belly pics!

the schilps said...

you are gorgeous, kristy! you are absolutely glowing.