Rarely does Hudson sit still, but the other day I came into the living room only to find him laying in the corner, on his beloved black bear, looking at books and singing to himself. It was one of those moments as a parent where I became overwhelmed with joy and love all at the same time as I watched my little boy sing "da da da" without a care in the world. I remember as I child when the biggest decision I had to make for the day was whether I wanted to climb the tree or dig in the dirt pile. One of my great desires is for my children to have the same carefree childhood. My only fear with Hudson is that he is a little too carefree. He climbs the furniture then turns to jump off not caring about what may happen at the end of the fall. He has also taken up trying to balance on the items as he climbs them. You can see the fierce determination and mischievousness in his eyes as he pushes the limits on his abilities. Never one to be content with the developmental stage he is at, he keeps me on my toes. We've been working on him calling out "Ma Ma" when he gets stuck climbing something, or needs me. It has been so much fun hearing his sweet little voice say the oh, so coveted words, but unfortunately he only has a vocabulary of one word at a time. Until recently he would only say "Da Da", even calling me "da da". Now he has switched, and will only say "ma ma" - although it sounds more like "meh meh". Dan works and works on him to get him to say "da da" but to no avail. In fact, the more we try to get him to say "da da" the louder and more commanding he says "ma ma". It leaves us in stitches with laughter every night. What a little ham and entertainer we have on our hands. He'll do anything for a laugh.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! So cute! Just wait a bit though, that "Oh I love the sound of his voice when he says Ma ma" phase quickly turns into, "Oh my goodness, can you please ask for daddy or possibly say anything else for like 5 minutes because I am actually tired of hearing the sound of my own name!!!" Here's to fun and sweet and sometimes tiring little voices...
Post a Comment