Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ahhh, how I love Saturday mornings

I look forward to Saturday mornings now with great anticipation and joy. One thing we love about Canmore is the bagel shop on main street. For the last few weeks we can be found sitting at the tables on the sidewalk, soaking up the beautiful warm sunshine while we sip our mochas and eat our bagels topped with egg. Hudson has really taken a liking to it as there are inevitably a dog or two tied up near our table while their owners enjoy a nice quiet breakfast. We love to sit and watch the variety of people who show up before 9 am on the weekends. There are the rich weekenders who are on vacation, the random transient hippie, the hardcore athlete or olympian who is off to push their body to its limits, and the fathers with their children who are giving their wives a nice quite morning at home. Ahh, it is refreshing and like a bit of sunshine for my soul. We sit, we talk, we listen to the birds, play with the dogs, and enjoy ourselves immensely. From there we walk down the path to the river and park where Hudson throws as many sticks and stones in as possible (we think he may be trying for some kind of record). It is truly the highlight of my week to sit on the shore of the river watching my husband, who I love so dearly, and our son, who makes me smile more than I thought possible, search for stones larger than they can comfortably throw in order to make gigantic splashes and bring great delight to both of their adventurous spirits. They are both in their element as they run up and down the riverbank searching for objects to throw. If I'm lucky Hudson will even pick me flowers, and if I'm even luckier he will hand the flower to me instead of the river.

It's days such as today that I sit and thank the Lord for the oh so many blessings he has given.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, I looooove it. Sounds delightful. I still marvel at the beauty in your pictures. Love to you,Jen