Monday, March 31, 2008

the good & bad news

The good news is that Hudson and I are finally feeling better, mostly. The bad news is that Dan is now upstairs with the dreadful cold we unwillingly gave him. It's been a week of sniffles, snuggles, coughs and cuddles. For every down side of this long, drawn out cold, there has been a time of this mother sitting on the couch with her little boy saying "thank you Lord for this moment". I truly treasure each and every moment I have as a parent. When I think of how fast our little one is growing it transforms the long moments of taking care of a sick baby into moments I'll never forget nor regret. The sore knees from kneeling over the crib rubbing his little back trying to encourage him to fall asleep become irrelevant as I realize I was able to whisper in his ear, "shhhh, Mommy loves you" while I studied his each and every feature for the thousandth time. Now I am beginning to understand what God meant when he said he "quiets us with His love". It is as though He Himself is whispering in our ears "Shhh, I love you, rest now my precious child".

May you rest in his love today. ~Kristi

No comments: