My, how time has flown. I can't help but sit and wonder how my little boy is now a two year old. When Hudson turned one I was so excited, but this time around I am having a little bit of a harder time. I suppose this is one of many times I will endure the bittersweet feelings of watching my child, and soon to be children, grow. That being said, we had a wonderful time celebrating this milestone. In fact, we had such a good time we decided to celebrate it three times! The first was while we were in Texas, visiting my family. We had a cowboy themed party complete with Hudson's first pair of boots, stick horse, hat and sheriff vest, all of which he loved. I had brought a package of New Year's crackers so each one of us wore little paper crowns while feasting on cake and ice cream. Hudson sat, or stood rather, eating proudly with his fork each bite of cake.


Later, back at home in Alberta, Dan and I had a little celebration with just Hudson, this time with the defining moments revolving around watching Hudson blow the candles out over, and over, and over. He cared very little about his cake, and only wanted to "blowd it candas". So we lit and relit the candles at least 10 times. There really is nothing better than watching your child experience complete happiness and excitement.


The third and final party was with Dan's parents. Patty, Dan's mom, made the cherished "Lamb cake" that she used to make for Dan's birthday when he was little. Later that evening we pulled out a small helium tank and filled balloons much to Hudson's delight. He shook with excitement while watching the balloons float to the ceiling only to be pulled down by its string. He ran all over the house with his handful of "bayoons".



2 comments:
Love the lamb cake! My mom used to make one for me too!
Tanya
Happy Birthday Hudson! Wish we could have celebrated with you. And Kristi, I am so glad you are back in blog world I have been missing you friend.
anna
Post a Comment