Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How to speak todder

Dan and I have taken on an entire new vocabulary recently. Hudson picks up new "words" daily and we have to be so careful what we say as he loves to repeat everything that comes out of our mouths. Just tonight I sighed while cleaning, after the nightly before bed snack, and sure enough Hudson sighed in his highchair mimicking me. Then I sniffed, and so did he. So since many of you have toddlers of your own I thought it would be fun to share some of the new words that grace our home daily.

ah-go? - Where did it go?
ah-no - I don't know
ah-kay - OK (one of his current favorite words)
hold you - hold me
gew - juice
ohs - cereal
o-jew - orange
wa-wa - water
hot cockit - hot chocolate
my-nah - muffin
pah-corn - popcorn (favorite food)
woovee - movie
whowho - Curious George movie (making the sound George makes)
my - more
terr-it - stir it
hop - help
buh-bohs - bath time bubbles
toh-toh - turtle
jump-jump - kiddy trampoline

and last but not least, my personal favorites...
eee-boo - excuse me
gee-boo - thank you
oooohhhhhh - yes or I understand

Oh, there are so many more I could list. This little boy talks all day long and can communicate just about any thought he has. There is just nothing quite like talking with your little one about things in life, and have them understand and talk back - I could just eat it up!

No comments: