I only have a moment, as I am knee deep in laundry and in the midst of a mad rush to get three people packed last minute...
We are headed out to Texas today and I am filled with mixed emotions. On one hand I am ecstatic to be going home. Home to good mexican food and b.b.q, home to family, dear friends and shopping! But at the same time the reason we going is hard. We are headed to my Grandpa's (Kinard) funeral, and will be dealing with some tough issues while there. So it is truly bittersweet for me and if you could remember to pray for us over this next week it would mean so much. I have learned that there is such a tremendous power in sincere prayer, and in the last few days my knees have seen their fair share of floor time. But God is good and merciful to those He loves, oh how I rest in that truth!
On the happier side, for those of you in Texas we'd love to see you and will be dividing our nine days between Tomball and Dallas, I think, so shoot us an email if you can swing by Tomball and we'll make time to visit, be forewarned though that we may end up "visiting" while sitting at a mexican food restaurant!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My knees are yours, friend.
Wish we were there to see you! It is funny to me that I have never seen Hudson in person and may not until there are TWO little Bittles :)
Love you.
Sorry to hear your grandpa passed away.
Love, A. Carol
I am so sorry about your grandpa. I wish we could see you guys, but I don't think we'll be in Tomball at all. Good luck with everything while you are there, you'll be in our prayers!
Love you guys and will continue to pray!!
Sorry to hear about your loss. We have been thinking about you guys. We are actually moving to Houston soon. So maybe we'll catch you next time you visit.
Post a Comment