
I have no excuse. I should have posted at least twice by now but have not taken the time to sit and write. So here I am, Hudson asleep all snuggled up to his favorite "black bear" having sweet dreams of climbing something and running at full speed I'm sure. For me time has taken on a new meaning in the last year. I used to measure time by days and weeks, working hard during the old 8 to 5, then looking forward to the evening and weekends to play. I now see time in much smaller increments. I have the "morning time" between 7 and 9 where we eat breakfast, play on the back deck, and do the dishes. Then the "play time" where we, well, play. Lunch soon follows - see morning schedule, only Daddy comes home to play and play for an hour. Afternoon brings a nap for Hudson and some much needed quiet time for me. We usually have an hour or two to play outside, or climb the furniture inside before daddy gets home for dinner. A crazy play time after ensues with daddy leading the way in lots of silliness and giggles. Then comes bath time, dishes and bed! I find it so interesting that time can go so slowing, and yet race by simultaneously. I may have said before, I recently heard a quote that sums life up perfectly. "The hours are long, but the years short", so true. My little boy is no longer quite so little. Last night we were at a friends home and our pastor brought his newborn son - 4 weeks old. I can barely remember when Hudson was that tiny, and if I didn't know better I'd swear he was never that small. But oh how I love each stage of life he has had. Each with its own moments, and discoveries. As a newborn he'd sit with eyes wandering around the room taking in each object as though he'd never forget it. As an infant he was giggly, content (as long as he was in some form of movement) and loved to be with people. As a toddler he wants to mimic everything we do. Whether it is walking up and down the stairs- and I do mean walking!, standing on the back deck yelling a greeting to each passerby, tucking his little chin down and running with all his might, or saying "uh uh" and throwing his head to the side when I try to feed him as he insists on feeding himself, he is his own little person with a personality that begs to be watched and interacted with. He is perhaps the most social individual I've ever met and even insists on walking the entire library, not content to relax with a book, until he has gotten every last person to say "hi" to him. I can't help but glow with pride as he is known in our church nursery as the "hugger",the "happy kid" and the "sweetheart". I could have done nothing do deserve such a little one, as I'm sure you all feel the same about your beautiful little ones. Well, I should be off to the kitchen before the dishes grow something actually able to call my name :). I hope you are a enjoying today, and the time spent playing with your little ones. Love, Kristi

Some rainy day box playing - always a winner!

Out for a snack by the river

We figure, it he is determined to climb, we should at least teach him how to do it right :)
2 comments:
I love what you wrote! so true for us moms. Love you guys!
That was from Jen by the way...
Post a Comment