Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Waterfalls and Warthogs

We took advantage of the most beautiful weather on Saturday and took a trip to the famed Calgary Zoo. I had the best time watching my two boys enjoy the animals and sights. Dan's favorite were the bears, my favorite were the little gorillas & monkeys, while Hudson loved the water creatures and the warthog. He tried talking to the warthog saying "ba da" and offering it his straw with a nice big throw into the pen. Thankfully Dan's lightening fast reflexes diverted the straw to the ground. (Note, later that day he nearly threw his stick into an older woman's coffee cup at the retirement home while we visited Dan's grandma Blanche - we were able to divert that one also. We are really going to have to work on his newest obsession of throwing everything). When we came to the aquarium he looked on in complete silence and awe, something that is a rare occurrence with this little bundle of energy. I am so thankful Dan grabbed the camera and snapped his expressions as they are one's I hope I never forget.

 

 


There is something about witnessing the wonder and awe of a child that warms the heart in a way nothing else can.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi there-I just found your blog through Jenny & Joel's blog. You may not remember me - I'm Dawn Nelson, Shanna Nelson's mom - long time friend of Joyce Schoepf.
Love your blog! You little one is precious - I love your haircut-you look great! My bro & sis in law live in Cochran - he works at S. B. Seminary there - you would love them - neat couple. Let me know if you ever go there - I'll give you their info and you can look them up. (They have three little ones.)
I'll check back from time to time!
God bless,
Dawn