Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Adventure Begins....

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."

Well this year we've experienced both with the addition of our first child, Hudson, born late January and a move from Alaska to Texas. Nothing changes your perspective on life like having a child of your own. I've found that I was completely unprepared for how much I would love this little boy. The last 7 months have been the adventure of a lifetime with each day bringing about new discoveries such as Hudson learning to climb the stairs much to my dismay or seeing him squeal with delight as his Daddy enters the room knowing a good romp on the floor will soon ensue. It makes each day worth getting up for, even worth getting up early for, and that happens often these days. I never would have guessed that Dan and I would race up the stairs, tripping over one another in hopes of being the first one to pick him up after a nap. It has been a blast so far, and perhaps some of that is due to the fact that I am seriously sleep deprived and things are so much more fun when you are functioning with half of your sanity!

1 comment:

Heather Stanfield said...

I find your post to be very true. I thought if I read many books from different views that would help prepare me for a child. Little did I know what I was in for. If someone told me that I would have the time of my life with a child, I would have had one sooner. I understand about being sleep deprived. I am also sleep deprived but find myself more excited to play with Sophia than take a nap.